Formed in 2002, FACT Oregon (formerly the Family Action Coalition Team*) is a family leadership organization for individuals and their families experiencing disabilities, working collaboratively to facilitate positive change in policies, systems, and attitudes, through family support, advocacy, and partnerships. The majority of our Board of Directors are all family members of a person with a disability. FACT Oregon strives to:
- Strengthen the voice of Oregon families raising children experiencing disability
- Connect families to families
- Provide and promote peer-delivered family support
- Create opportunities for meaningful collaboration
FACT Oregon represents thousands of families all across the state of Oregon, including families of children with special health needs, developmental and physical disabilities, learning disabilities, and mental health concerns. The depth of our knowledge, experience of our families, and variety of cross-disability interests participating in FACT Oregon allow us to be uniquely positioned in Oregon to work together to effectively utilize our power, our voices, and our resources.
FACT Oregon seeks innovation, looks to create new partnerships within our communities, works within and outside of current systems, and strives to find new approaches to old problems. By building relationships and trust through networking, collaborating, and unified action, FACT Oregon can do more together than any of us can do alone.
* In September 2008 at FACT’s Annual Coalition meeting, the “Family Action Coalition Team (FACT)”, adopted the name “Family and Community Together (FACT)” to more clearly express the mission and values of the coalition. The new name does not change the purpose or intent of FACT.