What we offer: Below is FACT Oregon’s library of trainings that we provide for free in your community and via webinars.
- Understanding the IEP and Your Important Role on the Team (2 hours)detailsOur most popular training! This session includes an introduction to key special education definitions, goes over your critically important role on the IEP team, how the IEP is developed, and how to attain and maintain healthy team dynamics.
- Preparing for a Successful Transition to Kindergarten (1.5 hours)detailsParents learn the difference between an IFSP and an IEP, the importance of having a vision for the future, the process of transitioning from early childhood special education to Kindergarten, and ways to prepare for your first IEP meeting.
- Launch! Preparing for the Transition to Adulthood (2 hours)detailsIntended for parents of children ages 12 and up, this training discusses concepts like self-determination, and reviews what adult services are, as well as guardianship and other options. Includes information about developing the transition components of the IEP.
- It Starts with a Dream! Using One-page Profiles & Person-centered Planning (1.5 hours)detailsIncludes information about using a strengths-based, person-centered tool that is helpful with self awareness, goal setting and more. This tool is can be implemented from transition to Kindergarten through transition to employment.
- Behavior and the IEP (1 hour)detailsDiscussion on supporting students experiencing challenging behavior, including conducting a Functional Behavior Assessment [FBA] and development of a Positive Behavior Support [PBS] plan. (Typically held in conjunction to parent training on same topic.)
- Special Education Rights (1.5 hours)detailsIncludes information about procedural safeguards, the importance of record keeping, options for dispute resolution such as mediation, complaint, and due process, and other strategies for resolving disagreements.
- Supporting Increased Access to General Education (1.5 hours)detailsData continues to show the power and success of inclusive practices, but change can be difficult. Hear more about why it matters and leave with tips and tools to achieving it!
- Be a Welcoming School Community/Organization/Business (1 hour)detailsGreat for inspirational keynote, school assembly, association meeting, etc. Healthy communities are accessible and welcoming communities!
- Community Building for Families (1 hour)detailsBring this training to families in your community or share it as a professional in-service for those who support families, and learn about concepts like circle of friends, community mapping, and more!
- Disability Awareness Presentations in a Can (1.5 hour)detailsThis is a train-the-trainer opportunity for parents and/or community partners to learn how to do presentations in their own communities: schools, community of faith, etc.
- Navigating the Developmental Disability Service System (1.5 hours)detailsBring this training to families in your community, or use it as a professional in-service for those who support families, and learn about navigating services in the midst of change.
- Assistive Technology: Creating Possibilities! (1 hour)detailsAssistive technology [AT] is changing how we access curriculum and provide support. This introduction will share the importance of exploring how it can make things possible for the students in your classroom.
- Custom Topics (to be determined)detailsFACT is happy to discuss your professional in-service needs or requests for specific presentations or considerations for time constraints.
FACT Oregon conducts 100+ trainings every year free for families, and also supports access to trainings by hosting webinars and a growing number of online trainings. Sometimes, though, there are parent gatherings that would like to have FACT Oregon come share specifically with their group.
Trainings and workshops start at $85 per hour with a 2-hour preparation and tear-down minimum. Travel requiring more than an hour one-way is subject to the $85 hourly rate.
Final pricing details will be agreed upon in advance of the training/event, and an invoice will be produced after the training/event. Payment in full is required within 30 days of the invoice date.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in finding out more.