FACT Oregon is a leading resource for professional presentations on disability awareness, special education, inclusive practices, the parent perspective, use of the one-page profile, and more. Presentations are tailored to your need and audience.
Professional In-service Offerings:
- Supporting Families Participation in the IEP Process (1.5 hours)detailsParent engagement is a hot button issue! Learn why it is important and tips and tools to achieving it.
- Student-led IEPs (1 hour)detailsStudent-lead IEP’s are having great results! Learn how to support students in leading/facilitating their IEP meeting.
- Using One-page Profiles & Person-centered Planning (1.5 hours)detailsIncludes information about using a strengths-based, person-centered tool that is helpful with self awareness, goal setting and more. This tool is can be implemented from transition to Kindergarten through transition to employment.
- Supporting Increased Access to General Education (1.5 hours)detailsData continues to show the power and success of inclusive practices, but change can be difficult. Hear more about why it matters and leave with tips and tools to achieving it!
- Disability Awareness for Educators and/or Students (1 hour)detailsIn the midst of its own civil rights movement, it is helpful to reflect on our views, attitudes, and expectations of individuals experiencing disability.
- Behavior and the IEP (1 hour)detailsDiscussion on supporting students experiencing challenging behavior, including conducting a Functional Behavior Assessment [FBA] and development of a Positive Behavior Support [PBS] plan. (Typically held in conjunction to parent training on same topic.)
- Be a Welcoming School Community/Organization/Business (1 hour)detailsGreat for inspirational keynote, school assembly, association meeting, etc. Healthy communities are accessible and welcoming communities!
- Community Building for Families (1 hour)detailsBring this training to families in your community or share it as a professional in-service for those who support families, and learn about concepts like circle of friends, community mapping, and more!
- Disability Awareness Presentations in a Can (1.5 hour)detailsThis is a train-the-trainer opportunity for parents and/or community partners to learn how to do presentations in their own communities: schools, community of faith, etc.
- Navigating the Developmental Disability Service System (1.5 hours)detailsBring this training to families in your community, or use it as a professional in-service for those who support families, and learn about navigating services in the midst of change.
- Assistive Technology: Creating Possibilities! (1 hour)detailsAssistive technology [AT] is changing how we access curriculum and provide support. This introduction will share the importance of exploring how it can make things possible for the students in your classroom.
- Custom Topics (to be determined)detailsFACT is happy to discuss your professional in-service needs or requests for specific presentations or considerations for time constraints.
Requesting an In-service:
To request a professional in-service, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information, preferred dates and times, topic(s), and a brief description of your professional development goals. You will receive a response and price quote within 3 business days.
Trainings and workshops start at $85 per hour with a 2-hour preparation and tear-down minimum. Travel requiring more than an hour one-way is subject to the $85 hourly rate.
Final pricing details will be agreed upon in advance of the training/event, and an invoice will be produced after the training/event. Payment in full is required within 30 days of the invoice date.
The FACT Oregon presenter will bring (if needed) a projector and computer, any materials/handouts for your presentation, and evaluations. The FACT Oregon presenter will need a screen, access to a power outlet, and training/event space.
If your organization has any special requirements, constraints, or considerations, please let us know and we will do our best to meet your needs.
We had the privilege of having Roberta Dunn, Executive Director, Family and Community Together (FACT), recently provide a training for our Prevention staff. She was the perfect blend of insight, compassion, and humor, not to mention…. a wealth of information!” We all came away inspired and informed! – Life Works NW
In our district effort of continuous improvement, a key piece of professional development for special education staff is to hear from parent perspective delivered in a professional manner. FACT is a leader in this work, and their perspective is invaluable to delivering professional training to our staff. We have had FACT present to our gen ed staff, they have attended our annual resource fair for parents, and they have come to our district to deliver high-quality professional development to our special education staff. FACT is a valued and necessary partner in our work, as we place a high value on collaborative efforts toward improved outcomes for students with disabilities. – Michael Salitore, Director of the Office of Supported Education for Molalla River School District