Please note: Registration fees are not refundable
October 22, 2017
Introduction to Social Security Disability Benefits, Work Incentives, and Employment Support Programs
In this web course we provide an introduction to Social Security disability benefits and associated work incentives, as well as an overview of the field of work incentives planning.
During this training you will learn about:
- The Social Security disability benefits and associated healthcare programs (Medicare and Medicaid);
- The impact of employment on Social Security disability benefits and associated healthcare programs;
- How Social Security applies work incentives to ease the transition from dependence on public benefits to greater financial independence;
- The importance of work incentives planning and assistance in promoting employment and enhancing financial stability for Social Security disability beneficiaries; and
- The mission and goals of the WIPA program, the WIPA service model and beneficiary priorities, and strategies for working collaboratively with local WIPA projects.
- Each lesson requires that you access a recorded video presentation or an alternative format. The presentations are approximately one hour in length.
- Each lesson also includes other supplemental materials to review.
- There is a short assessment at the end of each lesson that contains multiple choice questions.
- Lucy Miller is the course facilitator and participants are encouraged to ask questions about content using the course discussion board.
- There is no set date or time you have to log into the web course. It is largely self-directed and self-paced, but you must complete all required coursework by the last day of the course.
- Course participants who successfully complete all of the course requirements will receive a certificate of completion. The certificate will be accessible through participant myNTC accounts.
How do I register?
You must have a myNTC user account to register. If you do not yet have a myNTC account, please create one on our website at: https://vcu-ntdc.org/myntc/index.cfm
Once you receive your myNTC login information via the email address you provided, log into your myNTC account, go to the Training Registrations section on the myNTC Welcome page, click on the Introductory Web Course tab, and click on the Register Online link. Follow the instructions to complete your registration request.
Registration will remain open until 4:30pm Eastern on Friday, September 29, 2017. We will email confirmations of participation shortly thereafter.
If you have any questions regarding this training, please contact Julie Schall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-827-0741.