What guides our work
- Disability is a natural part of the human experience.
- Self-determination and individual choice, as well as respect for cultural differences, must be assured.
- All people are valued for their unique strengths, talents, and contributions.
- All people have an innate right to be included in every aspect of family and community life.
- Family involvement is critical throughout the life of a family member with a disability.
- Family leadership must be respected and supported as an important component in all things affecting families.
- Limited resources can drive opportunities for cooperation, collaboration, and reduction of duplication.