Who is Family and Community Together [FACT]?
Formed in 2002, FACT (formerly the Family Action Coalition Team*) is a family leadership organization for individuals and their families experiencing developmental disabilities, working collaboratively to facilitate positive change in policies, systems and attitudes, through family support, advocacy and partnerships. Majority of our Board of Directors are all family members of a person with a disability. FACT strives to:
- Strengthen the voice of Oregon families raising children experiencing disability
- Connect families to families
- Provide and promote peer delivered family support
- Create opportunities for meaningful collaboration
FACT represents thousands of families all across the state of Oregon, including families of children with special health needs, developmental and physical disabilities, learning disabilities, and mental health concerns. The depth of our knowledge, the experience of our families, and the variety of cross-disability interests participating in FACT allow us to be uniquely positioned in Oregon to work together to effectively utilize our power, our voices, and our resources.
FACT seeks innovation, looks to create new partnerships within our communities, works within and outside of current systems, and strives to find new approaches to old problems. By building relationships and trust through networking, collaborating, and unified action, FACT can do more together than any of us can do alone.
* In September 2008 at FACT’s Annual Coalition meeting, the “Family Action Coalition Team (FACT)”, adopted the name “Family and Community Together (FACT)” to more clearly express the mission and values of the coalition. The new name does not change the purpose or intent of FACT.
Your contributions make our work possible. You can also contact us for other ways to offer financial support. FACT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.